New & Noteworthy!
To download a copy of the flier below click HERE.
is a diverse team of experienced UTLA leaders with deep relationships to our classrooms, schools, and communities.
Our Union Power slate is committed to:
- Waging a campaign for a just contract, including a substantial and long-term pay raise, improved working/learning conditions, lower class size, expanded student programs and courses, and full staffing to meet students’ emotional, social, and health https://exness.za.com/mt4 needs inside school – it is unacceptable that we have been working with an expired contract for over 2 years.
- Reclaiming educators’ status as curriculum, instruction, and school improvement experts.
- Transforming UTLA into an active, organizing union, building power with members, parents, and community.
- Building a public relations campaign around a collective vision for the schools our students deserve – based on excellence, equity, access, civil rights, and public management.
- Organizing against over-testing of students, abusive and exclusionary charter schools, punitive and retaliatory evaluations, bully exness.za.com/download administrators, “teacher jail,” and displacement of educators.
- Becoming integrally involved in community-, parent-, and youth-led struggles that are inseparable from children's education -- around civil rights, housing, environmental justice, access to healthy food and recreation, living wage jobs, transportation, and humane urban development.